Thursday, May 10, 2007

Peter Bjorn and John @ First Ave 5/9/07

Peter Bjorn and John @ First Ave MinneapolisPeter Bjorn and John @ First Ave MinneapolisPeter Bjorn and John @ First Ave MinneapolisPeter Bjorn and John @ First Ave MinneapolisPeter Bjorn and John @ First Ave MinneapolisPeter Bjorn and John set list Minneapolis
Peter Bjorn and John @ First Ave MinneapolisPeter Bjorn and John @ First Ave MinneapolisPeter Bjorn and John @ First Ave Minneapolis

Even better than the Arctic Monkeys this trio from from Sweden gave us so much life. Imagine Coldplay shredding guitars, setting off crowd surfers, and Chris Martin jumping as high as he can for most of the show. That was the impact that Peter and company of PB and J affected my music taste and knowledge. The song "Objects of my Affection" has the kind of stature as the songs "Caught By the River" by the Doves and "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane. With their hit Young Folks, Amsterdam, Teen Love(Bluetones cover) and Up Against their was a ton of power in their set. PB and J are one of the best bands in the world. A classy type, that live their life young, and influence all their fans with music and knowledge. "Your life gets better with age", said Peter during the set. I couldn't agree with him more as I'm continuing to grow as a person. I wish I would of met the Monkeys Monday but meeting Peter meant a lot me. I may be starting debate, but believe me I love the Arctic Monkeys and their performance will probably again be the second best show of the year. No encore, no "505" and "The Bad Thing", and not getting a chance to meet them hurt. Listen to this song and I guarantee you will be inspired. Enjoy life, and take advantage of every opportunity you get.
-Brody McCoy




For More Pics Vist my Slideshow on Flickr


Peter John and Bjorn Official Page / Myspace Page

The Rock N Roll Star went to !!! and Chk Chk Chk @ the fineline his review here

Next show Keane @ the Myth Wed. May 16th, may check out English Swings at the Triple Rock this Friday because the Alarmists will be there along with classic U.K.covers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Wow, sounds like it was a great show! To put it over my boys, though, that's just pure crazy talk ;)

Friday @ Triple Rock sounds like a good time. I'll try to make it out...

1:55 AM  
Blogger solace said...

it was really damn good, but even though i probably like PB&J's records more than AM's, it wasn't as good of a show as AM

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home