Monday, February 16, 2009

Minneapolis Native Casey Carlson is Making Her Way Through on American Idol.

3282444144_391356df82_b

I usually don't post American Idol performers on my blog, but considering Casey's a friend and sounds pretty good, this is totally legit.  Just a few years ago I met her MCAD at a concert and now she might be the next Kelly Clarkson, what a small world? She's also good friends with another up and coming Minneapolis artist Andy Ulseth, check them out performing a Decemberists track a few years back at the 400 Bar. Correct me if I'm wrong?    



Let's all wish her good luck and vote for a Minnesota gal, even if your not an American Idol fan. Tune in to Fox this Tuesday and Wednesday at 7pm to see her next audition, i think their down to the final 36.

Casey Carlson photo profile

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger eriktmpls said...

Look at you Brody, going all pop culture on us. Kidding. Nice vid-if you were asking for help placing the song they are covering, you are right, it is a Decemberists song, called "Yankee Bayonet." Not a bad version at all. Doesn't mean I'm ever going to watch American Idol though :)

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice catch Erik T on the song
and good luck Casey.

Speaking of popular culture, finally ran across the Toby Keith song "Whiskey for My Men, Beer for My Horses" on Country radio.
Classic. Put up the video!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home