Thursday, November 02, 2006

Phase 1- Sound Team/Sparta @ The Fineline

With a local opener that sounded just like the Incubus, the night kicked off with a radio buzz pop sound. I'm not super into that style, but for being local and sounded almost as good as that late 90's incubus sound, they were pretty good. Sound Team was once again amazing. I've now seen them 3 times in the last year, definitely not complaining. They are the #1 college band from Austin Texas, this six piece has been talked about through the blogs and college radio for a long time. They had one of the best EP's in (Work) I've listened too in a long time. They have the potential to have the best experimental sound mixed in with a Stereophonics tone. So much more will come out of this band, with more instrumental in their set as the only advice I have for this bunch.. And of course, you have Sparta the other break off of At the Drive in.. For those of you who don't know At the Drive in was one of the biggest rock bands in the 90's and have influenced most of today's alternative scene. The band broke up a while ago and have formed two bands, Sparta and The Mars Volta. I'd say the band members are doing just fine. Sparta reminded me a lot like At the drive in with a little less variety.. They had a geniune rock sound but again, was my taste about 5 years ago... I do love Sparta though and this band has some dedicated fans that came down from Canada, Wisconsin, and Iowa.... I decided to take off after about 5 songs so I don't want to get to indepth with these guys... If you like At the Drive in these guys are great!!!!! Pics to come up shortly...

My Flickr Page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home